Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Sky

Sometimes people (including my very own girlfriend) think I get a little overzealous when it comes to natures beauty. When I see a colorful sunset I have no other way to describe it other than making ooooing and ahhhing sounds and repeating again and again how beautiful it is. It sounds a bit annoying I know, but it only lasts for a short moment and I don't want anyone to miss it. Sunsets are my absolute favorite. Of course I would love to be on the beaches of Hawaii watching the sunset but I have NEVER seen a sunset like the ones here in Utah. I don't know if it's the pollution or the lake but something makes it different, more colorful.

I also love the sunrises...if I'm up early enough to see them. As much as I complain about getting my butt out of bed at 4:30 am Wednesday mornings it becomes worth it when I see the bright pink sky. Ah! I love it! It has been far too long since I have woken up early by choice to see the sunrise. That's pretty sad.

I also have to mention the night sky. I was in Bear Lake last week and was lucky enough to see the crazy stars a few of the nights. I actually saw my first 2 shooting stars in one night! They're so damn fast I couldn't even make a wish. I love the night sky away from the city lights, unreal.

I am a person who tends to get caught up in little, stupid, unimportant things and let them get to me. I worry until I pass out. When I can start a morning with a bright sunrise, end the day with a colorful sunset and those times I'm lucky enough to see the starry sky at night before my head hits my pillow my life seems much more at ease.

Thank you sky and whoever it is that makes it so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment