Monday, August 2, 2010

Not quite ready

Okay, so I wasn't ready. I shouldn't have asked the question that brought me to this anger and frusteration. I was talking to a co-worker today and he had a few questions about mine and Sams' relatiationship. He is very LDS but has seemed pretty open minded so I thought I'd ask him a question. "What would you do if one of your kids was gay?" I don't want to go into everything he said because it makes me so livid it makes me want to cry. Basically he would blame his parenting skills and hope to help them become "normal." I had to bite my tongue. I had so much to say but I knew we had already crossed the line of a discussion that should be had at work. As of this moment in time I would move out of Utah tomorrow. I know there are ignorant people everywhere but the numbers seem much higher here. I can't handle it. I hear other people talk (such as my roommates) and they seem to have more of an understanding for people and their low tolerance for anything different than themselves. I thought I was there with them but today's reality made me realize I'm not. I'm upset and annoyed.
-Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment