Sunday, June 20, 2010

Forget the Labels

"You're the straightest lesbian I've ever met!" This is what people tend to say about me. You'll notice from both Sam and I that we try to avoid the labels, hence the title she gave our blog. This is because we don't necessarily consider ourselves gay, straight, bi or any other title you could think to give us. We're just in love and so labels don't really matter.
To give you a little history of how I got where I am...some call it dependent, I call it young and afraid. I always had a boyfriend in junior high and high school and even into college for a while. There was nothing fake and no pretending in those relationships. I meant everything I said and was fully committed. There was even a strong amount of physical attraction. I wasn't like a lot of gay people who pretended to be straight and were trying to put on a front. It wasn't until I fell in love with Sam that I realized I could actually be with a woman the rest of my life.
As for both Sam and I, we have never been with another girl. It immediately felt so right with Sam. Not in the religious/church sense but with the simple fact that we were so compatible and were really the perfect match. We have our struggles but there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not happy with where Sam and I are. As cheesy as it sounds, she completes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment