Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life is Good

I went to bed last night around 2am and continued to let my thoughts keep me awake.


When I couldn't sleep last night I saw the kitchen light come on upstairs just before midnight, I immediately jumped out of bed so excited someone else was still awake. There was Taylor preparing the coffee maker so he couldn't get in trouble again for not fulfilling his duty. Ü


We began to talk about what was bothering me and causing me to not be dreaming at that very moment. The majority of it was work related, worried about letting people down and other things not working out. We talked about other issues in each others' lives. We moved into the living room because we could tell this conversation would not be ending shortly. We continued to try to solve the huge crisis' we face in our lives and it slowly developed into more serious conversation.


Without going into too much detail (only because it makes me emotional and I'm not in a good place to let that happen) we talked about the struggles going on in India. He talked about one of the classes he is currently in and as we sat there at 1 in the morning he educated me on something I had known nothing of. As cliche as this sounds, suddenly my problems became a lot less important.


It was like my soul Elise told my body Elise, "You aren't that important."


I worry way too much about how I am going to affect people, but when it comes down to it people only really care about themselves. Even bigger than that there ARE bigger problems in this world than mine. It was just another ah-ha moment I needed to have.


I am a very lucky person. I have a life partner who couldn't possibly make me any happier, good friends, good family...I feel like that should be followed with great food but I'll skip it. I am a happy person, a very happy person.


Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment